Thursday, 26 February 2015

The Liverpool Trip

So, the trip to Liverpool did not go as planned their the start. Three of our group could not attend the trip so we were left with just Oliver and I. Arriving at Liverpool we were contacted by our interviewee saying they could not attend. However, we were able to join another group of two who had a very interesting idea of a boat called the Ellan Vannin, that had sunk in Liverpool a few years before the famous Titanic had gone down. Leaving it without any recognition. Kelly and Tom had everything planned out on what they wanted to do with a few options of interviewees, therefore, Oliver and I just took the job up of doing sound recording whilst in Liverpool and also giving ideas on how to add on to the project. I would say we were very successful on the trip to say we were a few people down and our idea went a stray but to find a new group and get good footage, sound and overall piece.

Here are the recordings we had collected from Liverpool and categorised into Mono and Stereo and renamed and ready for editing.



Images from Liverpool whilst recording some sounds, (water splashing on the rocks on the Albert Docks). During Liverpool I was the sound recordist and here are images of me operating the Boom Pole and Technika Shotgun Mic.

No comments:

Post a Comment